Kamal Haasan will not contest Lok Sabha elections

Kamal Haasan will not contest Lok Sabha elections

Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) president Kamal Haasan will not be contesting the upcoming Lok Sabha elections or the Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha bypolls. Recently during the media interaction, Kamal Haasan said it is his pride to campaign for the candidates of his party and ensure their victory instead of taking the electoral plunge himself.

 Kamal Haasan added  that he is not going to campaign for other candidates of the party. Releasing the party manifesto and the second list of candidates of his Makkal Needhi Maiam at a function in Chennai, Kamal Haasan said, “All candidates are my faces. I am proud being the chariot puller than being the chariot”.

The 64-year-old Kamal Haasan also came up with a big list of promises that highlighted the jobs, equal number of jobs and equal pay for the women and an astounding 100 % profit for farmers.

Kamal  Haasan said if MNM comes to power, the party would work for providing 50 %  job reservation for women.

Makkal Needhi Maiam  party released the second and final list of 19 candidates for Lok Sabha elections and 18 assembly seats set for by elections. The list announced by Kamal Haasan includes a retired IAS officer, engineers, doctors and business persons.

Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) had released its first list of 21 candidates for the Lok Sabha elections in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry earlier this week. At the time, When he was asked whether he would contest, Kamal Hassan had said, “I wish to contest but my party cadre will have to decide.” However he had promised that Sunday’s meeting would contain ‘surprises’.